By Lisa Lopez Levers,PhD, PCC-S, LPC, CRC, NCC Lopez Levers Lisa
Trauma Counseling is a complete, multidisciplinary consultant to the idea and therapy of survivors of a vast spectrum of annoying occasions, together with interpersonal violence, hate crimes, university violence, group violence, normal mess ups, and conflict and terrorism. it's written via a Fulbright pupil who's the world over famous for her paintings with traumatized populations in Rwanda, a number of southern African nations, Russia, and the USA. it is also the contributions of researchers from the USA, Australia, Africa, and Europe.
The booklet discusses evidence-based trauma review and intervention concepts and integrates the most recent findings from neuropsychology and psychopharmacology. It makes a speciality of problems with loss and grief, survivorship and incapacity, genocide, ordinary mess ups, the influence of battle on civilians and veterans, and the certain results of trauma in early youth, formative years, and formative years. additionally addressed are moral views and techniques of self-care for counselors who paintings with this inhabitants. The textual content can be of worth to graduate counseling scholars counselors in addition to social staff, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, and different human carrier prone, who could be capable of attend to trauma survivors with a intensity of data and self belief. The contents of Trauma Counseling not just satisfy yet exceed the necessities of The Council of Accreditation and Counseling and comparable academic software (CACREP) standards.
- Addresses the idea and remedy of trauma survivors of interpersonal violence, hate crimes, institution violence, group violence, common failures, and battle and terrorism
- Provides a multidisciplinary method of remedy that integrates findings from neuropsychology and psychopharmacology.
- Includes evidence-based counseling techniques
- Illuminates the intersections of trauma, drawback, and catastrophe concerns, exceeding similar specifications of CACREP criteria
- Examines moral dimensions and the necessity for self-care between trauma counselors
- Emphasizes the relevance of medical supervision in trauma care
- Offers topic-relevant assets on the finish of every chapter
Read Online or Download Trauma Counseling: Theories and Interventions PDF
Best psychological counselling books
Offer professionally sound and principled treatment in accordance with the reality of GodChristians are confronted with an identical variety of difficulties as all people else. besides the fact that, Christian therapists comprehend deeply the original matters concerned with their remedy. The Christian Therapist’s computer is a unmarried resource for cutting edge, undemanding options for connecting the typical international of the buyer with Christian rules and Scripture.
You will find tales, instruments and workouts in each one bankruptcy that might fast assist you to jump past any difficulty. utilizing the start Saint Bridge it is possible for you to to maneuver out of your ordinary know-how of problem to the recognition of your unlimited everlasting divine self — your God-Self. you are going to event the affection and fact of those teachings resonating on your center from the first actual web page.
This ebook deals a clean perception into operating practices with teenagers and youngsters who're experiencing the demise of a loved one, pal, university peer or of their social community. Bridging the space among idea and perform, the book's functional abilities concentration is knowledgeable through the newest examine findings on youngsters and younger people's event of grief.
Inside of Out and outdoors In has confirmed itself as a foundational booklet for psychological future health practitioners in various disciplines who paintings with consumers in complicated social environments. it truly is designated in its specialize in the forces that form humans from inside of and in addition from their social worlds, with sensitivity to race, gender, sexuality, and sophistication.
- Was wirklich zählt!: Leistung, Leidenschaft und Leichtigkeit für Top-Führungskräfte (German Edition)
- The Handbook of Person-Centred Therapy and Mental Health: Theory, research and practice
- Bringing Systems Thinking to Life: Expanding the Horizons for Bowen Family Systems Theory
- Focusing in Clinical Practice: The Essence of Change
- Counseling Widowers (The Routledge Series on Counseling and Psychotherapy with Boys and Men)
- Hope-Focused Marriage Counseling: A Guide to Brief Therapy
Extra info for Trauma Counseling: Theories and Interventions
Trauma Counseling: Theories and Interventions by Lisa Lopez Levers,PhD, PCC-S, LPC, CRC, NCC Lopez Levers Lisa