By Dr Freudendal-Pedersen Malene
Why can we decide on particular modes of shipping and what are the perceived rationalities for our selection? How are assorted theoretical suggestions inside mobility learn truly perceived and lived in way of life? At this book's center is a conceptual and empirical contribution to severe mobility examine. It specializes in the strain among freedom and unfreedom, articulated throughout the dichotomy among individuality and neighborhood, in addition to serious views at the multitude of accidental effects of mobility. In a variety of lifestyle narratives, this stress is analyzed in the course of the thought of 'structural stories'. In teasing out the ambivalences of overdue sleek way of life, Malene Freudendal-Pedersen exposes how mobility either generates and is helping to beat and stay with those ambivalences.
Read or Download Mobility in Daily Life: Between Freedom and Unfreedom (Transport and Society) PDF
Similar regional planning books
This booklet is an account of the way the Milan Provincial management and a staff of researchers from Milan Polytechnic labored jointly to advance a brand new 'Strategic Plan' for Milan's city sector. knowledgeable by way of leading edge conceptions of either how you can comprehend towns within the modern international, and interact in strategic making plans paintings, this adventure has already attracted huge overseas recognition.
Around the globe, extra powers are being devolved to neighborhood and local degrees of presidency. This ebook presents an leading edge research of such decentralisation in transition states within the Balkans. utilizing new and wealthy information, it indicates how political elites use decentralisation strategically to make sure their entry to nation assets.
Definitions of city entities and concrete typologies are altering regularly to mirror the becoming actual quantity of towns and their hinterlands. those contain suburbs, sprawl, area towns, gated groups, conurbations and networks of areas and such changes reason clash among important and peripheral components at quite a number spatial scales.
Lately, there was massive curiosity within the difficulties that public areas face as a result of layout of business indicators. The destructive effects that advertisement indicators could have at the visible caliber of city components and additional extra, on people's caliber of existence, has been studied from either architectural, making plans and mental views.
- "Make it a People's Integration!": The Role of Organized Civil Society in the Regionalization Process of the East African Community (Politik begreifen. ... Problemen der Politikwissenschaft Book 20)
- Emergent Urbanism: Urban Planning & Design in Times of Structural and Systemic Change (Design and the Built Environment)
- The Imaginative Institution: Planning and Governance in Madrid
- Uncovering the Territorial Dimension of European Union Cohesion Policy: Cohesion, Development, Impact Assessment and Cooperation (Routledge Advances in European Politics)
- Towards a Federal Europe (Journal of European Public Policy Special Issues as Books)
- Brownfields: Cleaning and Reusing Contaminated Properties
Extra resources for Mobility in Daily Life: Between Freedom and Unfreedom (Transport and Society)
Mobility in Daily Life: Between Freedom and Unfreedom (Transport and Society) by Dr Freudendal-Pedersen Malene