By Dana L. Robert
- A brief and enlightening heritage of Christian missions: a phenomenon that many say displays the only most vital intercultural circulation over a sustained interval of human history
- Offers a thematic evaluation that takes into consideration the political, cultural, social, and theological issues
- Discusses the importance of missions to the globalization of Christianity, and broadens our realizing of Christianity as a multicultural global religion
- Helps Western audiences comprehend the that means of project as a old process
- Contains a number of new maps that illustrate demographic shifts in global Christianity
Read Online or Download Christian Mission: How Christianity Became a World Religion (Wiley Blackwell Brief Histories of Religion) PDF
Similar evangelism books
A 12-week journey via Islam with turn-by-turn instructions for achieving Muslims.
Relied on missiologist Ed Stetzer and coauthor and pastor Philip kingdom convey missional considering to daily believers in Impulsados por el amor. The 2008–2009 emphasis e-book for WMU®, a million-member missions nonprofit association, Impulsados por el amor is a uncomplicated theology-and-application platform to aid believers comprehend what missional residing is all about—that is, our calling to like others.
This 3rd and ultimate quantity of Michael Watts's research of dissent examines the turbulent occasions of Victorian Nonconformity, a interval of religion and of doubt. Watts assesses the affects of the most important Dissenting preachers and gives insights into some of the activities, comparable to romanticism and the better, usually German, biblical feedback.
TWENTY-TWO HUNDRED church buildings in a single HUNDRED AND 16 NATIONSIn January 1970 Prescott was once a rural city of approximately 17,000 in northwestern Arizona. The Prescott Foursquare Church there has been suffering whilst Wayman Mitchell got here to pastor. It was once a small abused congregation. It have been violated and damaged.
- What Makes Churches Grow? (Explorations)
- Effective Intercultural Communication (Encountering Mission): A Christian Perspective
- Missionary Methods: Research, Reflections, and Realities (Evangelical Missiological Society Series Book 21)
- The Final Days: (Books Of Truth)
- On a River Called Never: One missionary woman's journey into the tropical rainforest of the tribal Amazon Jungle of South America
- Christ the Eternal Son: A Beautiful Portrait of Deity from the Gospel of John
Extra info for Christian Mission: How Christianity Became a World Religion (Wiley Blackwell Brief Histories of Religion)
Christian Mission: How Christianity Became a World Religion (Wiley Blackwell Brief Histories of Religion) by Dana L. Robert